Saturday, September 29, 2012

Clumsy Meet 5K

I ran my 2nd 5K last weekend. Unfortunately, I've been a bit overly frugal and have not bought many new items to compensate for the fact that there is now 30lbs less of me. So this means that I now have the super annoying problem that hardly any of my clothes fit. (I know, you are yelling at your computer that there are real people with real problems) I got up Sunday morning and was ready to go with some pants that were not overly big, threw my iphone with runkeeper in my pocket, and left the finish line determined to maintain proper form and stay tall and tight throughout the race. Well, not even a minute into the race my phone flies out of said pocket, people crash into me, I kick the phone, and conk hat brims with the one nice lady who stopped to try to help me. After hanging my head in shame and apologizing profusely to all around me, I managed to continue relatively unscathed, but it was a little difficult to get my head into the game after that. I managed to finish in 35:57 in the end which is a little over 6 minutes better than my last time, but it's still not quite where I wanted to be at this point in the training. I've also ditched the Gallorunning which has helped the training times a bit, but hills are still pretty brutal. Luckily I have some time to train before my next race on October 27th to get more comfortable. I'm just nervous, because somehow I was convinced that it would be a good idea to sign up for a race called the Winter Wonder Run which is basically a run through the woods. I'm really hoping my clumsy self makes it out of the woods alive. Don't worry, I'll have my iphone just in case. I'll just get an arm band for it to prevent any further running disasters.

No comments:

Post a Comment